Here are a few important questions to consider when determining if a CCRC or Life Plan Community is right for you:
- Do you like to plan ahead; to control, reduce or eliminate the uncertainty about future housing and healthcare costs?
- If you should ever require assisted living or nursing care, do you want assurance that such services may be accessed within the same community in which you live?
- Do you lack family nearby that might provide a support system in the event that you require care in the future?
- Do you seek to lessen the burden on your adult children if you should ever require assisted living or nursing care services?
- Are you in a position financially to possibly pay an entry fee and monthly service fees? (Some CCRCs provide subsidized housing options via HUD financing alternatives.)
- Do you seek to avoid social isolation in your later years of retirement?
If you answered yes to most of these questions then a continuing care retirement community may be an appropriate choice for you.