Effective Date: December 1, 2020
Types of Data We Collect
Information We Collect
We may collect or receive certain information in order to better serve our customers, which may include:
- Information that you give us in relation to our Services including (but not limited to) (a) information you enter into forms or fields for submission through our Services; (b) information provided when you sign up for any of our email lists, newsletters, or any other communications, products or services; (c) information provided when you communicate with us or request information about us or our Services; (d) information provided to us through a third-party; (e) information provided in surveys; (f) information provided as part of your participation in any of our marketing or promotional activities including contests, events, and promotions; and (g) information provided through your use of forums or provided through user-generated content or submissions.
- Information we acquire from your use of our Services. In relation to Services we may provide on our Sites, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, certain social media profiles, or other details to help you with your experience.
- Information provided to us by third parties
Our Use of Tracking & Cookies Data
You can control whether your web browser notifies you or stores Cookies. Please review your web browser’s settings or help menu in order to learn how to modify your Cookies. Please note, if you do disable Cookies, some features provided by the Sites may be disabled and may not function properly.
Examples of Cookies we may use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Services.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Our Use of Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s internet protocol address (i.e. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Site by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
How We Use Your Information
Transfer Of Your Data
Your information, including PII, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including PII, to United States and process it there.
How We Disclose Your Information
Disclosure – General
MyLifeSite may disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for the handling of data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional, marketing and transaction materials, and our Services’ maintenance and security. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these services to us and are contractually obligated to keep your Personal Data confidential;
- To third parties when you use our Services to obtain a quote, services, or information from one or more third parties (e.g. a continuing care retirement community in connection with your completion of an information request form) (“Service Providers”). Please note we may be compensated in connection with such disclosure;
- By submitting your information to and/or through any MyLifeSite online tool including but not limited to the MyLifeSite website, MoneyGauge, the Retire Community Direct Listing (the “RCDL”), the Platform, and any other tool made available by MyLifeSite, you expressly agree that by doing so you direct MyLifeSite to intentionally disclose such Personal Data to a third party.
- To third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing relevant offers to you that may be related to our Services or about products or services you may find of interest. Please note we may be compensated in connection with such disclosure;
Disclosure for Legal Reasons
MyLifeSite may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of MyLifeSite;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; or,
- To protect against legal liability.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be shared as described above, please do not provide us with your Personal Data.
Security Of Your Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Use of Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our Use of Analytics
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Site. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links To Other Sites
We may also use your PII to inform you of other products or services available by us, our affiliates, and our Vendor Partners. We are not responsible for any content or actions provided by our Vendor Partners. We strongly advise you to review their specific terms and conditions as well as privacy policies. We may keep track of the websites and pages that you visit within our Sites to determine how our Services are used. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within our Sites to you.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have additional privacy rights. For a complete description of such rights, please see our California Rights and Disclosures.
Our Services do not address children under the age of 13. MyLifeSite is concerned about the privacy protection of Children who access the Internet, and we comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). Accordingly, the Site is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 13 without the supervision of a parent or guardian, and we do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under 13 years of age without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information to us, you may rely on your parent or guardian to assist you. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with PII, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected PII from a child without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.